Budgeting and Reporting Specialist
We have an exciting requirement for a Budgeting and Reporting Specialist to work client-side o a large-scale rail programme in the UAE. The candidate placed in this position will support in preparing financial reports for follow up as well as all required regulatory, external and management reports in a timely manner. Ideal candidates for this position will have a minimum 5 years’ experience working in a similar position ideally within the construction industry.
- Prepare financial statements including covering balance sheets, Income Statement and Cash Flow Statement
- Maintain track sheets by time & date and ensure completeness and timely update
- Maintain the cost and profit centers to monitor the achievement within the budget.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of sectional policies, procedures, systems and frameworks to ensure efficient and streamlined operations with respect to vendor and payroll processing
- Establish and maintain report master sheet and ensure that all financial reporting requirements are complied
- Forecast rolling cash on a monthly basis
- Procure and provided information from other departments to ensure meeting reporting deadlines and provide support to Business Units to complete budget excersice
- Review other departments reports where applicable and track them by time and date
- Receive, verify and reconcile invoices, credit card statements and requisitions for goods and services, ensuring that they align with contractual terms and approvals
- Assist in preparing payable reports, in line with set standards and protocols, to include any due payables and ageing and submit to management for review and sign-off
- Assist in reconciling Vendor statements and General Ledger and correct any discrepancies.
- Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate payable reports, to help identifying the current financial status of Etihad Rail
- Assist the Senior Budgeting & reporting Specialist with all accounting matters as requested
- Remain abreast of latest industry practices, trends and concepts and provide the Head of Finance with insights and recommendations for change, if and where required, to improve the efficiency and productivity levels of the Finance unit
- Establish and centralize the MIS function within Finance Division in coordination with IT. Provide MIS on monthly basis to enable the effective decision making by Unit Heads.
- Identify all reports and ensure the automation (online generation) of these reports in coordination with IT.
- Provide MIS to all the Business Units to support them to submit reports reflecting their achievements.
- Analyze and provide reports on financial and non-financial data such as trend analysis projections etc. for better utilization of the resources of the Business Units to realize business
- Bsc in Finance or relevant subject
- Minimum 5 years post graduate experience
- Experience working in a similar position within the construction industry
- Minimum 3 years GCC experience