Design Manager – Airport Projects
The Design Manager (Project Manager) will work on behalf of a leading international engineering and project management consultancy during the design and construction of new airports and expansion projects across Asia-Pacific. Knowledge of coordinating design activities across areas such as mechanical and electrical systems (e.g. Baggage Handling Systems, Passenger Bridges, Passenger Information Displays) and areas such Apron and Airfield lighting are required.
- Develops project management plans for airport development projects including definition of the scope of work, project budgets and schedules.
- Manages capital improvement projects including coordination and oversight of Architectural/Engineering (A/E) and Design-Build (DB) firms
- Coordination with key stakeholders including other Authority Departments and tenants. Monitors, controls and reports on project budgets, schedules and prepares project management plan updates as required to manage the project.
- Reviews and approves A/E and DB design invoices.
- Prepares and reviews project status reports with department management.
- Reviews and approves design progress drawings and specifications at designated intervals (e.g., 15, 30, 60, 90, 100% completion).
- Leads design coordination and review meetings.
- Ensures the Authority's design criteria is implemented in the project's design.
- Holds project team meetings with stakeholders during the design process, as well as keeping stakeholders updated and informed as the project moves through the design phase of each project.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline, Construction Management, or Architecture required
- 10 years of experience in a aviation projects design
- project related technical field required
- Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Good knowledge of ICAO annexes and IATA ARDM 10th edition