Power Expert - Rail
We have an exciting opportunity for a power expert to work client side for a large transport infrastructure engineering organization in the UAE. The candidate placed in this position will be responsible for executing end-to-end power design and construction. Ideal candidates for this position will have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and have 5 -12 years postgraduate experience and will have worked in the rail sector.
- Assist in coordinating with the operations group to assist in the review of the conceptual electrical systems requirements of the network that will fit the various performance requirements along the network.
- Assist in coordinating with the various engineering disciplines including civil and structural to review the systems implementation strategy for the network that will accommodate the adopted construction phasing timetable.
- Review with PMC and Designers the development of an integrated systems solution that will fit the implementation schedule and the operation requirement of the network. Coordinate internally with the Safety & Standards Manager, as well as externally with the various regulatory institutions to capture all required safety aspects associated with the electrical systems conceptual plan.
- Review in the development of the systems design, and performance criteria for the network that will offer long term availability and interoperability between various suppliers.
- Closely coordinate with all other disciplines during the process of design development, and construction of the railway network. Participate in interdisciplinary reviews at all major milestones as mandated by the project Quality Assurance Management plan.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of contracted services to ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards and specifications, as well as safety, contract terms, project budgets, corporate policies, and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant subject
- 5 - 12 years post graduate experience
- Experience working in a similar position within the construction industry
- Industry specific certifications related to Railway Systems