Our Client, a prestigious, leading commercial developer are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to run the envelope package on a £190m 23 storey commercial development. Applicants must have a proven track record running envelope packages up to £40m and have a stable employment history. This role will be reporting to the Senior Project Manager with regard to the procurement and management of the package.
1. Develop scope documents for the tender packages.
2. Discharge responsibilities for Health and Safety as set out in the Company's Health Safety and Welfare manual also the Company's Health and Safety Plan both in respect of the package and integration of the overall project.
3. Ensure that the design deliverables are prepared in a timely and comprehensive manner to support the tender programme.
4. Pre-qualify potential tenderers, in accordance with internal procedures and compile a final tender list. Compile the tender documents and issue to the tenderers.
5. Manage the tender process. Issue necessary updates of the tender documents, respond to tender queries and conduct mid-tender meetings. Maintain a complete written record of all communications throughout the tender period.
6. Evaluate tender returns on technical, commercial, and programme base lines.
7. Manage the post-tender period to obtain clarifications from the tenderers.
8. Carry out appropriate commercial negotiations of the tenders and prepare a recommendation for award.
9. Manage the preparation of the Contract Documents.
10. Upon award of the Contract, advise the unsuccessful tenderers of the award status. Together with the Project Secretary, archive all tender returns.
11. Conduct a kick-off meeting to advise the successful Contractor of procedures for site logistics, health and safety, environmental issues, technical and programme submittals, document control, quality control, valuations and all such other requirements of the contract.
12. Ensure that all other members of the project team are fully informed as to the activities of the Contractor.
13. Ensure the Contractor submits all programmes, technical documents, samples, and drawings in accordance with the requirements of the programme and that these submittals are promptly reviewed by all relevant parties.
14. Conduct and prepare written minutes of regular progress meetings with the Contractors. Perform factory inspections to assess the Contractor's manufacturing progress.
15. Ensure that Contractor's submittals, requests for information and clarifications are promptly and completely responded to by the Design Consultants.
16. Ensure that the Contractor's work is adequately supervised and regularly inspected for quality and completion.
17. Carry out regular inspections of the Contractors work. Maintain up to date lists of defects and incomplete works and perform rigorous follow-up to ensure prompt rectification by the Contractor.
18. Upon completion of the Contractor's work, ensure that all records and certificates are promptly handed-over. Ensure that the Contractor provides accurate and complete information for the O&M Manuals, the as-built drawings, and the Health & Safety file.
19. Manage any changes in the design to minimize exposure to increased cost and adverse programme impact.
20. Assist in the regular valuation of the work and in the assessment of costs associated with work outside of the original contract scope.
21. With other members of the project team, manage the interface with the works of other Contractors.
22. Maintain a detailed written record of the Contractor's progress. Together with the Project Secretary ensure that all relevant records are archived.
23. Prepare a final report on the package, including a commentary on "lessons learned" and the performance of the Contractor.
24. Discharge responsibilities for Health and Safety as set out in the Company's Health Safety and Welfare manual also the Company's Construction Health and Safety Plan both in respect of the package and integration of the overall project.
25. To carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by Senior Management.
1. It is essential that the incumbent be conscious of, and actively promote the adherence of Health & Safety Standards and Procedures.
2. It is essential that the incumbent has proven quality construction experience gained from a combination of contracting, construction management and/or the commercial development sector.
3. It is essential that the incumbent hold a technical qualification equivalent to C&G HNC & ONC Building studies as a minimum.
4. A Degree (or an equivalent level of qualification) in Construction / Building Studies is desirable.
5. Experience of managing cladding and roofing packages for large scale projects with exposure to high-rise construction techniques and logistics is essential.
6. First-hand experience with fast-track design and construction programmes, prefabricated building systems, including knowledge of current cladding technologies is essential.
7. It is essential that the incumbent be self-motivated, tenacious, and able to work well as part of the project team.
8. It is essential that the incumbent possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially when dealing with Contractors, Design Consultants, Statutory Authorities, and Technical Support Staff.
9. Attention to detail and an ability to make commercially aware decisions is essential.
10. The incumbent must be fully conversant in Health & Safety Issues, as they apply to fast-track high rise construction. The incumbent must be competent in assessing and commenting on the adequacy of Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
11. A commitment to continuing professional development is essential.
12. It is essential that the incumbent is computer literate with experience of document management systems. Experience of using BIW and Asite is desirable.