This job is no longer available
Opus International Consultants is a leading professional services consultancy of over 2,300 people, providing advice and project management across a wide range of service sectors in the UK, New Zealand, Australia and Canada. The Opus name is synonymous with innovation, professionalism and a solid track record of delivering a timely and quality service.
We are looking for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to work in our Nottingham office as part of the team there. This role will include:
- Meeting the needs of clients through the provision of professional consulting services.
- Contributing to the success of the workgroup and the Nottingham office through providing appropriate technical advice and the effective management of clients, staff and projects, typically Infrastructure and commercial / residential development projects.
- Taking a leading role in the Nottingham Geotechnical team.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A BEng in Civil Engineering or related discipline (e.g. Engineering Geology)
- Ideally an MSc or higher qualification in Geotechnics.
- Achieved Chartered status with a relevant professional body, ideally with the Institution of Civil Engineers
- A proven track record and experience within the geotechnical industry.
At Opus our greatest strength is the quality of our people. Our expertise and dedication is the foundation of our success and this is reflected by our supportive, fun work environment, the exciting projects we are engaged in and the personal growth and training opportunities we offer as well as the excellent conditions of employment and competitive remuneration packages.