This job is no longer available
To ensure the Depot operates smoothly and efficiently as directed by the Contract Manager, ensuring stock is maintained to deliver the contract requirements, to ensure loading / unloading activities are carried out safely and to control of materials, plant, tools and equipment within the depot.
Principal Duties & Accountabilities
* Ensure stock is managed and maintained using the stock ordering system.
* Responsible for ordering, issue and control of PPE to the operational work force.
* Supervise the safe coordination and control on all loading and unloading activities within the depot boundaries.
* Responsible for ensuring that safety and environmental control is maintained in the depot.
* Responsible for the control of calibration of depot plant and equipment and record on certificate of calibration or recalibration.
* Operate relevant plant, i.e. forklifts, to carry out general yard duties of loading / unloading, stacking, storing, etc.
* Ensure the vehicular movements within the depot are carried out safely in respect to parking, reversing and speed limits.
* Liaise with the delivery drivers during offloading and storage of materials in the depot.
* Liaise and support operational teams with regards to ensuring emergency requirements are delivered in a timely manner
* Ensure the main access road, the depot road and footpaths to the depot are kept well maintained and clear of obstruction at all times.
* Ensure that the depot materials and plant storage areas are kept well maintained, secure and organised at all times.
* Carry out daily depot audits in line with ISO14001 Requirements, completing relevant paperwork where necessary.
* Responsible for control of waste streams/chemical storage, recording and completing and maintaining relevant paperwork in depot files.
* Attend relevant meetings as appropriate.
* Be familiar with and operate within company guidelines, policies and procedures.
* Carry out any other duties appropriate for this post.
Job Facts & Figures
The Croydon and Lewisham PFI covers 42,000 street lights and some 8,000 illuminated street signs that need to be replaced and or maintained. Delivery of this requires smooth operational efficiencies within the Depot to ensure no delays to delivery of the project.
Key Performance Indicators
* Zero SHEQ incidents within the Depot.
* Stock control and losses to be in line with company margins.
* Minimum stock and PPE levels to be maintained.
Key Working Relationships
Supervising responsibility for Liaison with:
* Internal – Depot Support Assistant, All Operation & Maintenance Operatives,
* External –Sub Contractors, Delivery Drivers, Waste Management personnel
Knowledge of Key Street lighting materials and components, sundry materials and other associated