This job is no longer available
Main purpose of role:
To lead Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex projects.
To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards.
Senior Project Managers handle commissions of varying sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project, etc. Typically, projects fall within the £10m to £25m range. However, where the service provided is advisory in nature, for example advising on urban re-generation funding, the overall project size may be much larger.
• Advising at a strategic level at the project conception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives
• Leading the establishment of the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
• Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues
• Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
• Project planning, including ensuring the production of the detailed project plan
• Advising upon the procurement of resources
• Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
• Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance
• Managing the change control process
• Monitoring and advising upon project finances
• Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
• Ensuring the production of formal project progress and other reports
• Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
• Marketing and business development, to include:
• Taking responsibility for developing new business opportunities with existing and new Turner & Townsend clients
• Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities
• Working with Associate Directors and Directors to construct bids for new work
• Attending formal client pitches with Assistant Directors and Directors
• Ensuring that project case study, photograph and project CV files are kept up to date
• Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve project management products and services
• Understanding the Turner & Townsend 2+2=5 philosophy and identifying and acting upon cross-divisional opportunities
• Internal management accountabilities, to include:
• Staff management (where appropriate) - Inputting into the formal management of an Assistant Project Manager or small project management team, to include 1st round recruitment interviews, input into resource management and attendance at junior staff appraisals
• Knowledge management - Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each project is input into the Turner & Townsend internal database
• Financial management - Ensuring prompt client invoicing and utilising FMS in order to monitor a project’s financial status
• Process improvement - Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes
Key performance indicators:
A Project Manager will in part be judged by the extent to which:
• Projects are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently, on time and to budget
• Project delivery meets the client’s objectives and is in line with the conditions of appointment
• The project team is led effectively
• Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team
• General line management responsibilities (where appropriate) are effectively discharged
• Business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross- selling opportunities, are identified and acted upon
• The internal financial status of all projects is effectively monitored
• Key information and data is effectively cascaded and appropriately retained
Turner & Townsend:
Turner & Townsend is a global professional services provider that supports organisations that invest in, own and operate assets.
Working from 70 offices in 30 countries, we are making the difference to projects across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors worldwide. We help organisations succeed by managing risk while maximising value and performance during the construction and operation of their assets.
Turner & Townsend is one of the UK’s leading professional services providers to businesses that invest in, own and operate assets in the public and private sectors. Our 1,200 strong team helps organisations deliver maximum value from their assets.
With 13 offices across England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, we support both public and private organisations, on the country’s biggest and most complex programmes and projects.
As well as helping organisations deliver and integrate new assets as quickly and efficiently as possible, we help set the asset strategies that support their corporate objectives. We also work with our clients to create safe and comfortable environments which are inexpensive to maintain, sustainable and practical to conduct business from.
To apply for this role, please send us your CV and covering letter by clicking the 'Apply' button below.
We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.