Senior Quantity Surveyor
Due to continued growth we are now looking for Senior Quantity Surveyors to support our projects both in our London and Croydon offices. The ideal candidate will have significant experience of Design and Build Contracts probably, but not necessarily solely as a contractor and assistance in the preparation, submission, negotiation and resolution of contractual claims and disputes is seen as highly advantageous.
At Atkins we pride ourselves on providing solutions throughout a project’s lifecycle stages. This includes feasibility and planning, conceptual design, design development and implementation to full operation. By delivering sustainable policies, plans and processes, we strive to ensure that transport meets future economic, social and environmental expectations.
• Develop and operate strategies to maximise project revenues and cash flow in Atkins favour
• Ensure timely submission of all contractual notices and supporting data including robust payment applications
• Lead the Change Control Process and seek early resolution of contract changes
• Assist Project Management teams with advice and contractual support for project issues
• Liaise with project support functions such as finance, supply chain, risk and so on to ensure compliance with the company’s procedures and instructions, including all periodic reporting functions and GRN etc.
• Ensure that adequate records are maintained in respect of project issues and commercial processes
• Support Work Package Management ensuring variances between planned budget expenditure and incurred costs are identified and appropriate action taken to minimise costs and liabilities
• Manage subcontract procurement and accounts
• Ensure insurance issues are managed in accordance with procedures
• Any other tasks assigned by Senior Management
• Appropriate Degree and/or other academic and/or professional qualification and significant experience in a Quantity Surveying role.
• Significant experience of Design and Build Contracts and assistance in the preparation, submission, negotiation and resolution of contractual claims and disputes
• Knowledge/experience of the rail industry whilst desirable is not essential.
• Customer facing experience with a “win-win” philosophy and “can-do” attitude
• Good communicator at all levels, able to promote development of Atkins profile
• Commensurate IT skills
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins has been named as one of the top 50 employers for women for 2011. The listing recognises Atkins as an organisation that is committed to making the most of the women in our workforce.
Rewards and Benefits
We believe in looking after our staff. The pressures and pace of modern life mean that we need to take care to give sufficient priority to our health and well-being. With this in mind, we have a generous rewards and benefits scheme including:-
• 25 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays + the ability to sell 5 or buy up to 15 days additional leave
• Contributory Pension Scheme – Atkins will match and double employee contributions
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Personal accident cover
• Share incentive plan (after 6 months service)
• Professional fees paid
• Private medical insurance discount
• Income Protection
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
• Gym and Health Club discounts. Plus a range of discounted rates on holidays and UK attractions and experiences.
• Childcare vouchers
• Give as you earn – charity contributions
• Bike 4 Work Scheme
• Sports and social activities*
*Not available at all locations
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA ( who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.