This job is no longer available
Head of Bid Management / Bid Director - UK
CSR Construction have been nominated to source and select a new Head of Bid Management / Bid Director for a Joint Venture Group of Civil Engineering companies working throughout the UK & Ireland. Jointly this company employ in excess of 1000 staff and are involved in major highway infrastructure projects ranging from £50M - £180M. This position is a newly created role that is expected to attract the most senior professionals in Construction Bid Management who are capable of driving this already successfull Group forward in achieving new contracts.
- Report into the Main Board of Directors
- Direct and mentor a Bid Team of 15+ staff
- Manage the company process in the preparation and presentation of information to customers in response to opportunities in the target market sectors
- Manage the efficient and effective preparation of high quality proposal documentation in response to invitations to tender
- You will be required to manage the input from Business Development, Operations, Commercial and other supporting departments (HR, QHSE, IT, Procurement, Engineering) to ensure the most effective utilisation of resource
- Working in liaison with the Main Board and Chief Estimator to develop a strategy and pricing structure to maximise success factors
- Extensive Bid Management & Tendering with a proven track record in a Main Contracting Environment
- Previous experience of managing a team of Bid Coordinators
- Ability to bid on £50M+ projects and the experience of presenting at this level
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Stable employment history
- Excellent organisation / planning skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Self critical and desire to improve
- Good internal and external negotaitor / influencer
- Commercially aware (finance, contract terms and risk)
- Looking for a conceptual thinker, problem solver, doer
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a successful group and as this is a senior management position, all applicants can be assured that discussions will be held in the strictest confidence.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Michelle Doran at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.
CSR ensure you remain in control of your details throughout the recruitment process. We carefully select opportunities based on the information you instruct us to find. All introductions are discussed in detail with an applicant before being published to a prospective employer.
CSR are expert recruiters of all Construction disciplines including: Contracts Managers, Project Directors, Project Managers, Site Managers, Site Agents, Site Engineers with experience in RC and steel frame commercial experience, residential experience and civils project experience. Commercial Directors, Commercial Managers, Bid PQQ Managers, Senior Quantity Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Estimators, Buyers, Mechanical Design Engineers with HVAC experience, Electrical Design Engineers with lighting, power or telecoms experience, Building Services (M&E) Design Engineers, M&E Coordinators and M&E Installation Engineers.
CSR are retained by Main Contractors, Sub-Contractors, Developers and Consultancies working on commercial, residential, education, healthcare, infrastructure, civils, WWTW building and design projects.
Our loyal customer base use CSR to recruit all levels of Construction & Technical professionals including: Graduates, Assistants, Intermediate, Senior Engineers, Principal, Associate and Director level appointments.