Structural Engineer - R&D Focus
A chance to make your mark for years to come.
BRANZ is the leading supplier of both applied and commercial research in the building and construction industry in New Zealand with a long-standing international reputation and a team of 60 Scientists and Engineers working on a purpose built 'campus' just north of Wellington.
With recent events in New Zealand, BRANZ has an increasing number of requests for research and advise on Structural Engineering matters and to help fill these demands, they are looking for another Structural Engineer to join their research team.
In this role, you will be:
- Responsible for carrying out Structural research projects, with an emphasis on seismic engineering
- Preparation and writing of technical and research reports for customers, regulatory authorities and the building industry
- Assisting and advising the building industry in a variety of structural matters
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a love of R&D
- Hold a Masters degree as a minimum, in Structural Engineering or similar
- Have at least 5 years experience in Structural design or research (but we will consider less)
- Have a sound knowledge of the building and construction industry
- Have excellent report writing and verbal communications skills
- Be familiar with relevant building / seismic codes and standards
This is definitely NOT a design role, but is a research position that will allow you to influence the way things are built in the future.
It is a job that will require passion and commitment and a person (preferably) with experience in a research environment and it's peculiarities.
We do, however, urge all suitably qualified Structural Engineers with a desire to improve how we do things to apply.
To attract the right person, an attractive remuneration package will be negotiated that will reflect your skills and experience.
You will have the chance to work with a dedicated and passionate team and to assist in leading New Zealand's Structural Engineers into the future.
For more information phone Alan Sherlock on +64 4 917 0852 or +64 21 917 916, apply online or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Ref: AS52910