This job is no longer available
* Procurement and management of the procurement of Direct and Indirect materials and services (including associated sub-contracts), including the preparation, maintenance and communication of all associated documentation.
Associated activities include:
Bidding / Tendering
* Running future RFI / RFP events.
* Negotiating with suppliers and service providers.
* Development of comprehensive rate structures.
* Development of thorough and robust contracts and framework agreements.
* Managing both existing and future supplier relationships and contracts.
* Regular planned and structured Service Level Agreement meetings with suppliers and service providers.
* Involvement in relationship management programmes.
* Investigation, development and instigation of framework agreement improvements, to create lasting benefits to the Skanska business.
* Analysis of current and future category spend patterns.
Procurement Strategy and Development
* Where necessary representing Skanska UK on a wider platform, such as Skanska Global Procurement initiatives.
* Ensuring compliance to the Skanska Code of Conduct.
* Developing with suppliers and providers such tools to enable the better process of business.
* Liaising with suppliers in the establishment of Skanska UK specific electronic tools and catalogues.
* Providing a ‘mandate’ for change/improvement.
* Delivering Procurement Transformation Programme objectives.
* Demonstrating continued leadership in working towards to the requirements of the Skanska 2015 strategy, particularly with regard to cost reduction and supply chain efficiency targets.
* Building close working relationships with project/bid teams in order to effectively support the win work process.
Operating Unit Support
* Providing Skanska UK Operating Units with strategic support in the “day to day” management of framework agreements.
* Use acquired knowledge and skills to help Operating Units overcome strategic difficulties.
* Promote and raise the profile of Procurement activities, processes and procedures.
* Manage compliance to framework agreements.
* Ensure clear and unambiguous delivery and integration of new framework agreements into the Skanska UK business.
* Analysing current systems and agreements, suggesting and implementing improvements.
* Monitoring the market and benchmarking costs.
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
* Promoting the company safety, environmental and quality culture.
* Incorporate all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental best practice into framework agreements.
* Actively participate in the reduction of the environmental impact of our business.
* Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
* Customer focused.
* Confident / professionally assertive approach
* Intellectual capacity to deal with complex and strategic issues
* Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
* Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy.
* Intermediate / advanced level skills in the use of MS Excel and PowerPoint software applications.
* GCSE grades C and above or equivalent (incl. Maths and English Language)
* A procurement or equivalent higher level business qualification would be an advantage