This job is no longer available
Proposals Manager - Skanska UK Pre-construction (Facilities Services)
Purpose of role
Working closely with the bid management and business development teams to write and deliver high-quality submission documents (PQQ responses, tenders and presentation material etc) for internal and external customers through all stages of the bid process.
The role includes working as an integral part of a bid winning team, demanding a high level of organisational skills, flexibility and commitment to delivering first class bids.
The Proposals Manager will work within Skanska Pre-construction’s submissions line organisation, and report to Submissions Manager. The role will be carried out in close collaboration with submissions colleagues but be deployed in the Facility Services Operating Unit to meet the needs of the Head of Bid Management.
Submissions production - delivery of submissions in Skanska UK’s Facilities Services Operating Unit, working as part of a team.
· Producing (managing, co-ordinating, writing, designing, formatting etc) consistent, high-quality, customer-focused creative submissions to deadlines
· Leading / actively contributing to submissions / bid kick-off meetings
· Ensuring submission execution options are fully developed, translated and well presented, following a strategy that is fully developed, understood and applied throughout bid process
· Contributing to and maintaining library of submission data and working closely with Senior Bid Writing and Graphic Design resources to identify and prioritise areas in need of development
· Leading / actively contributing to review meetings, ensuring delivery is to highest standards
Experience / knowledge / qualities
Experienced bid/submissions/proposals writer/co-ordinator/manager with excellent knowledge of submissions process and strong track record of successful bid submissions
· Multi-skilled: All-round abilities in co-ordinating / organising, creative writing / editing and software / layout
· Excellent skills in relevant IT packages eg MS Office including Word, Power Point, Excel and Visio, Adobe CS etc
· Able to project manage a small team through the bid process
· Able and willing to self-perform all tasks relating to submissions
· Good all round knowledge of Facilities Management and construction process
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
· Very organised approach – translating strategy into specific objectives and action plans, anticipating problems and planning accordingly
· Self-aware, open to feedback and able to work under pressure and to deadlines
· Excellent attention to detail (including grammar, punctuation) and creative flair
· Customer-focused and team-minded