This job is no longer available
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Design Engineer to join an award winning renewable energy company as part of their established design team based in Newcastle.
Qualifications: Ideally candidates will have a BEng / MEng (or equivalent) in a relevant electrical engineering discipline and full membership to an appropriate professional body such as the Energy Institute (or similar). Due to the travel commitments involved with the role a full UK drivers license is essential.
Location: Newcastle commutable from South Shields, Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 (depending on skills and experience)
In this instance applications are sought from candidates with previous electrical design experience, ideally for onshore wind farm projects including the design of the wind farm collection systems and sub-stations. Candidates who have also worked on international projects will be at an advantage.
- Leading electrical design projects for onshore wind farms
- Preparing detailed equipment specifications
- Evaluating of both equipment and substation tenders
- Designing wind farm collection systems
- Developing functional specifications for substations
- Managing sub contractors
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Joining an award winning consultancy
- Competitive starting salary
- Full benefits package
Interested? To discuss this vacancy and other positions within the environmental sector, please do not hesitate to contact HARRIET ALLAN on 01792 365103 or email your CV to email@example.com and we will get back to you.