This job is no longer available
Purchasing Controller, Dorset
Our client is a leading, well established national NICEIC electrical contractor predominately serving the retail and commercial fit-out, local authority and solar PV sectors. Due to continued expansion they currently require an experienced Purchasing Controller to join their office support team based in Dorset.
As a Purchasing Controller you will be responsible for the cost effective purchase of products for site installations, vendor accounts, stock control and the management of company vehicles, plant and machinery.
To be successful in this role you must have proven experience in:
- Vendor negotiations including terms of trading and discount structures
- Managing the purchase order process, identifying variance and query notification
- Stock control
- Managing relationships in a project team environment to ensure outstanding communication, efficiency, the achievement of deadlines and KPIs.
You should also possess:
- IT Skills, MS Office - Word, Excel, Outlook
- MS Dynamics Navision / POP systems (ERP)
- Technical product knowledge of electrical contracting and/or solar photovoltaics (PV)
- Strong numerical ability
- Excellent forward planning skills
- A drive for quality and detail.
- Full driving licence
Desirable skills/experience (advantageous but not essential):
- Experience in wholesaling or similar previous role in the electrical industry
- Recognised qualification in business and/or supply chain management
- Knowledge of ISO9001/14001 quality procedures
To apply for this fantastic opportunity with an established, leading company please contact James Whicher