Job Title: - Shutdown Manager- Oil and Gas
Reference No: 7015BR
Job Type: Contract - Ongoing
Location: Kirkhill, Aberdeen
Salary and Benefits: Competitive package
Job hours: Full Time
Our client AMEC requires an experienced Shutdown Manager to manage, develop and support the shutdown process at both a Project and Corporate level in a safe, structured and cost effective manner and be accountable for the delivery of shutdown services / personnel across projects / company ensuring high standards are maintained and continuously improved.
- To ensure that all shutdown personnel at both Project and Corporate level are aware of / implement safe working practices / procedures and are provided with a safe working environment.
- Deliver a high standard shutdown capability at both Project and Corporate levels, ensuring a consistent and efficient approach is implemented at all times.
- Implementation of a continuous improvement philosophy across the shutdown function, delivering best practices at all times.
- Management and support of all shutdown personnel.
- Maintain and deliver the shutdown function within budget, and, where applicable, implement cost saving initiatives.
- To study and assess the relevant drawings, specifications and instructions for his specific or functional area of responsibility.
- To verify that the drawings and specifications provide adequate instructions for the work and advise the Project Construction Manager and/or Project Manager of any deficiencies or clarifications needed.
- To review, in co-operation with the Project Construction Manager and/or Project Manager, and agree the overall site programme for his area of responsibility including Sub-contractors' programmes. To identify any problem areas in the programmes, discuss with the Project Construction Manager and/or Project Manager and agree a solution.
- To ensure, before any variation work is carried out by a sub-contractor that an authorised instruction is given by the Project Construction Manager and/or Project Manager.
- To assist in the authorising or refuting of any claims by the Sub-contractor of delays, waiting time or abortive work.
- To ensure that all work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections and certifications are strictly adhered to.
- To provide technical assistance to the Project Services Manager in the compilation of cost and progress reports.
- To ensure that all Shutdown plans and programmes are produced and monitored in accordance with the requirements of the contract.
- To constantly review progress and monitor programmes, updating the latter when necessary in conjunction with the Project Services Manager.
Primat Recruitment is a long-established, successful resourcing organisation and part of the AMEC Group. Primat has friendly, knowledgeable staff and the company specialises in a range of industry sectors across a wide client base. Primat Recruitment Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Applications will only be considered from people who are authorised to work in this location as a national of that country or region, or by holding a valid work permit.