This job is no longer available
Lead Mechanical Engineer
Location: Ellesmere Port, Chester
Working hours: 38 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Salary: £37 - £43 P/H Ltd
Duration: ASAP - March 2013
Our client is seeking an experienced and qualified Lead Mechanical Engineer. You will be responsible for providing Mechanical Engineering support to the Responsible Mechanical Engineer for Operations & Projects.
Your responsibilities will include;
* Provide Mechanical Engineering support to major projects in early SGP stages, specifically the Hex Cylinder Handling Facility (CHF). This will include co-ordination of Mechanical Engineering areas of work.
* Delivery of appropriate, high quality Mechanical Engineering solutions to support CHF to time and budget whilst ensuring Mechanical Deliverables are suitably checked and approved.
* Provide Mechanical Engineering support to existing operating plants and decommissioning projects.
* Delivery of Mechanical Engineering design work packages in line with project programme and cost.
* To support the Responsible Mechanical Engineer in the application of 'Intelligent Customer' and Design Authority.
* Coordinates with Technical, Safety Department, Construction and Facilities Management.
The successful candidate will possess;
* Minimum HNC, Preferred M Eng in Mechanical Engineering
* I Mech E: Minimum Incorporated Engineer, Preferred Chartered Engineer
* Experience demonstrating a record of successful delivery, including recent positions influencing engineers, designers and guiding technical personnel in the definition implementation and delivery of engineering work packages.
* Experienced in Mechanical Handling
* Experience with Cranes (Out-cell)
* Knowledge and understanding of Plant Layouts
* Chartered Mechanical Engineer or equivalent with extensive experience in a design environment, some of which should be in the nuclear industry.
* Experience with operational plant.
* Knowledge of regulatory requirements.
* Nuclear and/or Oil and Gas, Petrochem experience
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.