This job is no longer available
An Award Winning International Cost Consultancy is very busy in the London Rail sector and need to appoint an experienced Quantity Surevyor to take up a Senior Cost Manager role on the major development of one of London's busiest Tube stations.
The £300m Project includes a new tube entrance, new ticket hall, new banks of escalators, new lifts to provide step free access and integration with the new Crossrail line; hence this is a complex and challenging Engineering project. The post will be to joina team of Cost Managers working directly for London Underground, overseeing the Cost Management of the project.
You should have the following experience:
- Experienced Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager with at least 10 years experience.
- At least 7 years recent and significant experience of working on major Underground Rail projects, preferably in London.
- Already occudying a QS / Cost Manager role on a major project / commission.
- You will currently be working for a leading Cost Consultancy or be in a very client facing role for a Contractor.
- Excellent Commercial Acumen and a strong negotiator.
- Detailed understanding of similar complex engineering projects, perhaps work on projects such as JLE, Heathrow Express, Kings Cross (LU element), St. Pancras (LU element), Shepherds Bush, etc.
- Essential: Detailed understanding of NEC 3, ideally Opt. C; you must have commercially managed a live NEC 3 major project
You will be joining one of the strongest players in the Infrastructure Cost Management market, not only in London, but also throughout the UK and Internationally and aswell as leading this major project and you will also actively be involved in other initiatives and projects throughout the business. It is truly an exciting time to be joining this organisation.
This is a permanent position and will offer a salary of between £50-58,000 plus car allowance and pension. Contract / Freelance staff will not be considered.