This job is no longer available
The role is for a Contaminated Land consultant in our successful London-based Contaminated Land Team.
Working in this energetic and established team, the successful candidate will report into the Contaminated Land team leader. Your role will involve technical delivery of contaminated land projects to a range of Clients including the development and real estate sector.
You will be responsible for technical management of contaminated land projects which will include the following broad tasks:
- Proposal and bid preparation
- Project set up and management
- Technical assessment works
- Technical report delivery
As an experienced Contaminated Land expert with successful Brownfield regeneration projects under your belt, it expected that you will:
- Have a science degree in environment, earth science or hydrogeology with solid experience in the field of Brownfield regeneration. Experience of gasworks assessment, remediation and verification is preferable.
- A good understanding of all aspects of the assessment of Brownfield land for regeneration processes and the various reports and assessments.
- A proven track record of management and delivery of Phase 1 and Phase 2 investigations;
- Working knowledge of human health and controlled risk assessment;
- Demonstrable track record in the design, management and verification of remediation works
- Working knowledge of NEC 3 Form of Contract.
- Good communication, commercial awareness and people skills are required.
The icing on the cake would be an appropriate related MSc in the environment sector, or a Chartered Scientist / Engineer status. Ideally you will be a strong communicator with the confidence to fit into an established team and will be a self starter with the knowledge, confidence and know-how to support the successful delivery of a wide range of contaminated land projects with prestigious clients across the South-East.
If you're looking for a new contaminated land challenge then apply today, visit our website for more information on our successful people, projects and performance or call Vicky Thorburn in our recruitment team on 0845 607 5185 for a confidential discussion.