This job is no longer available
Location: Caribbean Package:
Competitive package, including generous benefits
Due to the growth within our overseas business, we're seeking a Managing Estimator. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Managing Estimator to further their career within a large organisation like Kier.
The Managing Estimator will prepare accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of Building Scheme including analysing the risks and opportunities inherent in the proposals. Provide Management support to the Estimating team, provide on going support to the project teams and advise the Directors and Senior Managers of any issues that are applicable to the Estimating function.
- Check and maintain a controlled copy of the Client's Enquiry documents
- Review and report on the Client's Enquiry to enable a decision to bid.
- Prepare subcontract and materials enquiries and review the subsequent quotations
- Build up an accurate cost estimate for the permanent works in an elemental and analytical format
- Prepare an accurate cost estimate for the indirect resources required to carry out the works in accordance with the agreed programme and engineering requirements.
- Check the labour and plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate balance with those derived from the planned programme.
- Prepare and present the commercial aspects of the tender to the directors for adjudication and approval.
- Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client.
- On acceptance of the tender by a Client check the proposed Contract reflects the enquiry documents and subsequent offer.
- Practiced in quantification and familiar with the standard methods of measurement
- A record of securing successfully completed contracts working on projects £25M
- An ability to read and understand tender documents especially specifications, drawings and Terms & Conditions.
- Work in a team to achieve the optimum result in the time available.
- Able in the use of the English language for verbal and written communication.
- Numerate with developed IT skills
- A good working knowledge of the outputs normally achieved by operatives in a variety of manual trades and those operating various types of equipment
- An appreciation of engineering techniques and their suitability
- A practical knowledge of safe methods of working
- A developed ability to assess site conditions from a physical inspection and interpretation of intrusive surveys and soils investigations.
- Personable able to relate to fellow workers, subcontractors and the Client's contact staff
We offer a competitive remuneration package including generous holiday entitlement, contribution to a pension scheme, life assurance and private health cover. To discuss this exciting opportunity in detail please contact Bal Rai on 01767 640111.
Kier Group operates through three main divisions, each focused on being best in its class. Our activities span building, civil engineering, surface mining, facilities management, residential and commercial property investment and PFI project investment.
Kier Group provides a challenging environment for our people to exercise their skills, but we invest in their professional and personal development as well as creating a rewards and benefits package that demonstrates our loyalty to our team. So if you feel you can offer the experience and knowledge we are looking for please submit your application.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer