This job is no longer available
My client is a large consultancy with a Highway Services department, part of their Highways & Transportation business, which operates, maintains and improves the road network.
They have a partnership with a local authority, which has been in operation since 1996, providing support for the full range of highway maintenance and improvement activities up to £1m schemes. Under the new contract structure they are looking for a number of Schedulers to work as part of the new Highways and Transport management programme (HTMP), supporting the operations teams and working closely with the other business teams.
Your role will involve planning the programme of works, agreeing it with the client and then communicating it effectively internally to the HTMP and operations teams. Your key responsibilities within this role will include the following:
- To challenge the detail and timing of the programme where necessary with the client and ensure collaboration across the entire programme, maximising resources and commercial benefit and ensuring much needed efficiencies.
- Work closely with the delivery teams to ensure the programme of works remains accurate and up-to-date, taking on a project management role.
- Manage the KPIs for the defects programme, minimising downtime.
- Escalate any programme delays to the lead Scheduler to ensure we minimise any issues with the timing or quality of delivery.
- As lead scheduler, you'll liaise closely on a daily basis with the scheduling team ensuring collaborative working and act as a contact point with the KMC Manager and commercial team.
- Manage the delivery of and participate in the winter maintenance service.
- Good general IT skills are essential, and ideally you'll be proficient in MS Excel.
- For the lead scheduler, effective team leadership capabilities.
- Ability to influence to get the best from everyone.
- Excellent customer skills and the ability to demonstrate influencing in all situations.
- The ability to develop excellent relationships with contacts at all levels - from the client to colleagues and contacts across the wider Atkins group.
The right person
To ensure you're successful in the role, you'll need to be able to demonstrate the following qualities and attributes:
- Great team working skills and the ability to collaborate well with others.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written - to ensure clarity in all situations and to effectively influence client decision making.