This job is no longer available
My client is a leading niche engineering support services group operating in the nuclear, oil and gas, chemical food and defence sectors. The Group supports its blue chip client base using an integrated offering of design, manufacture, installation, maintenance and decommissioning.
This role is for the nuclear engineering and decommissioning division of my client. They provide complete turn-key project solutions inc: in-house engineering design, engineering and manufacture, project and site management, installation, commissioning and plant operations.
Primary purpose of the role is to manage and deliver projects. Foresee/predict risks and problems and to plan, organise and control activities so that projects are completed as successfully as possible, i.e. on time, to budget, and in accordance with the quality requirements of the specification. This process starts from the point of initial enquiry through the definition and scoping phases through to receipt of clients order and delivery of the project deliverables.
The project manager is responsible to the operations manager and is responsible for the performance of the contracts, profit and loss, project control and reporting, project delivery at site level, programme, project quality and procurement activities in entirety. The project managers responsibilities are:
· Ensuring all project activities under their control are executed safely
· Ensuring that personnel allocated to the project are trained to carry out their nominated functions correctly and in a safe manner
· Ensuring site related technical procedures are prepared
· Ensuring control of site related documentation is maintained
· Ensuring activities are organised and controlled in order to meet project programme dates
· Ensuring any feedback information relative to technical problems, or queries, is passed to appropriate personnel for action as necessary
· Ensuring that any items produced, or sub-contracts placed conform to the company and clients requirements, and that all third parties carry out the necessary qualifications to execute their activities safely and to the quality standard required
· Review terms and conditions of contract
· Preparation and maintenance of cost report for issue to project manager and client
· Commercial interface with subcontractors and suppliers
· Input and review of risk register
· Liaison between commercial representatives of client and sub- contractors in establishing changes to scope and delay
· General control of project correspondence
· Responsibility for the issue and control of all project documentation i.e. drawings, specifications, certification etc.
· Maintaining control of all incoming and outgoing correspondence and ensuring copies are distributed to all relevant personnel
The role is performed by Project Managers with consistently applied processes in accordance with the company project manager procedures. All projects within the business have an appointed Project Manager and all project accountabilities are consistently applied and measured.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
Essential to the role is a good track record of successful delivery of projects, ideally in the nuclear and construction environment.
Primary measures are as follows:
Tangible commercial performance of projects as detailed by period end cost reports and CSR