This job is no longer available
Package: Competitive remuneration package including generous benefits
Due to growth we are seeking a Design Manager with D&B Construction experience. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Design Manager to further their career within a large organisation like Kier.Responsibilities
- Attend project team meetings and take strategic decisions regarding design management to assis in delivery of overall project
- Analyse design risk and/or opportunities for Kier Overseas and ensure they are communicated within Kier and within the design team to action
- Allocate and organise design team resource for the project as well as manage the team on the project
- Agree outstanding scope of appointments as well as financial costs and appoint where necessary
- Act as chair for internal and external meetings as appropriate
- Add value to the design function, and provide ideas for innovation & improvement in construction and delivery of design management
- When required assist with new project bids, including attending client interviews, presentations etc....
- Previous and proven negotiation experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong presenation skills
- IT skills including MSOffice
- Excellent report communication - verbal and written
- Comprehensive knowledge of safety systems and procedures including CDM regulations 2007
- Proven Team Leader and people manager
- Analytical thinker
- Strong business acumen and market knowledge
- Degree or equivalent in construction related field
- Previous experience in Design Management in Building for Major Projects
- Previous experience working for a UKMG company
- Professional membership or working towards it
- Previous experience of managing design in PFI, P21, JCT and NEC contracts
- Hands-design experience
- Understanding of comparative costs of alternative mehtod of construction
- Knowledge of ADePT "design manager"
- Management of Integrated Design Programmes
- SMSTS or H&S training
- Knowledge of BIM
- Knowledge of EDMS
- Knowledge of comparative lifecycle options
We offer a competitive remuneration package including generous holiday entitlement, contribution to a pension scheme, life assurance and private health cover. To discuss this exciting opportunity in detail please contact Bal Rai on 01767 640111.
Kier Group operates through three main divisions, each focused on being best in its class. Our activities span building, civil engineering, surface mining, facilities management, residential and commercial property investment and PFI project investment.
Kier Group provides a challenging environment for our people to exercise their skills, but we invest in their professional and personal development as well as creating a rewards and benefits package that demonstrates our loyalty to our team. So if you feel you can offer the experience and knowledge we are looking for please submit your application.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer