This job is no longer available
About the company: The Group we represent has been established for over 30 years now and have long been established as one of the leading specialist contractors in the UK in the Reinforced Concrete Frame sector of Industry. The company has formed very strong client relationships and direct negotiation of work results in a significant % of turnover. This group has a turnover in excess of 150m in the RC sector are without a doubt the dominant industry force. Its not just in turnover also that they excel. Their systems of work are second to none, a comparative analysis of the group against the competition sets out the effort they go to be innovative. From steel reinforcing made on site, to all colums precast and integrated to slabs with male / female couplings, roll mats on slabs for steel reinforcement laid by compressed air assistance and a genuine philosophy of continual evolvement of their product (which requires substantial investment !) and absolute professional management of same, the group leave the competition trailing. The also do some of the biggest and most challenging work out there.
Provide Pre and Post Contract Planning services and advice to all construction, estimating, surveying departments and clients representatives on time, resource and performance requirements on individual projects.
- Provide leadership and take responsibility for the planning and production control processes
- Communicate a logical sequence of events, ensure that all programmes are compliant with the Project requirements, and are co-created and adopted by the whole construction team; ensuring that the most economical/ advantageous construction solutions are adopted.
- Provide leadership, support and training for assistant/junior planners and production controllers and contribute to their career development.
- Analyse performance/ provide and maintain progress reports, and advise team of likely impact and recommend solutions.
- Provide key resource requirements.
- Contribute to accurate preliminary assessment of time resource and performance requirements.
- Provide/ coordinate time related information for 2nd and 3rd tier suppliers.
- Represent the Project with the contractor and stakeholders.
- Provide expert content to documents and submissions.
- Provide general support to management
- Awareness of Environmental issues within the construction company environment and the Environmental Manual policy and objectives
- Competent (and confident) in technical aspects of planning.
- Technically confident.
- Experienced in a wide range of contracts/ work types.
- Good communicator.
- Team player.
- Experienced in construction methods.
- Able to provide quality information within deadlines.
- Empathy with other departments and projects.