This job is no longer available
Our client, a European Technical Service provider is seeking an Electrical / ICA Engineer to lead the electrical and ICA design of a Anaerobic and Sewage Treatment works facility based in Suffolk. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams of civil, mechanical, process and electrical/ICA engineers.
As an Electrical / ICA Engineer you will be responsible for the electrical design (power and ICA), at all stages from concept through to detail, of a variety of water and wastewater schemes, providing technical advice and guidance to a range of staff. You will be responsible for liaising with clients and project management of small and medium projects and sub-projects / elements of larger projects, preparation of, and supervision of preparation of, drawings for plant general arrangements, power single line diagrams, cable block diagrams, instrumentation loop diagrams, P&IDs, control system architecture drawings, and cable, instrument and I/O schedules, roduction of documentation, including user requirement specifications / control philosophies, tender documentation including particular electrical and ICA specifications, schedules of prices and engineer's estimates, attendance of factory and site acceptance tests, co-ordinating electrical resources and assisting the development of the electrical team, a strong focus on Health and Safety and sustainability in design, providing support to bids and business development activities, mentoring.
The ideal candidate will have the following
- Be relevantly qualified and hold chartered status with a relevant institution
- Have strong relevant electrical and ICA experience in the water, wastewater or related process industries (preferably including working for an engineering consultancy)
- Have excellent technical knowledge of your field and be able to advise other disciplines regarding aspects of their design as it impacts electrical engineering issues
- Be able to demonstrate a broad experience in LV and HV distribution systems, Motor Control Centres / Control Panels, electrical installation, SCADA and telemetry systems
- Be able to write and deliver technical specifications, control philosophies and schedules
- Be able to lead a design team to deliver detailed design schemes to required timescales and objectives
- Have good interpersonal skills with the ability to integrate into the existing electrical engineering team, and work alongside colleagues of other disciplines
- Be able to assist and support graduate engineers with their professional development and learning
- Be positive and approachable with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Be apable of building and maintaining strong business relationships with internal and external clients
- Be flexible and able to multi-task and prioritise work in both a team environment and independently as required
- Demonstrate continuing maintenance of professional development and knowledge of current and emerging technical solutions
If you would like to apply for this position please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Tom Mlinar on 02392 221600
Astute Technical Recruitment / AstuteJobs are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.