This job is no longer available
We require an Administrative Assistant on a temporary basis at an Anaerobic Digestion and Sewage Treatment Facility in Basildon, Essex. You will be responsible for performing a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department and/or managers and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
- receive and direct visitors and clients
- general clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
- maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- retrieve documents from filing system
- handle requests for information and data
- resolve administrative problems and inquiries
- prepare written responses to routine enquiries
- prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors
- prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
- record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- maintain office supply inventories
- coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- coordinate and maintain records for staff, telephones, parking and petty cash
Education and Experience
- computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- communication skills - written and verbal
- planning and organizing
- problem assessment and problem solving
- information gathering and information monitoring
- attention to detail and accuracy
- customer service orientation
If you would like to apply for this role please send your cv to email@example.com or call Tom Mlinar on 02392 221600.
Astute Technical Recruitment / AstuteJobs are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.