This job is no longer available
Engineering Manager (Major Projects)
Due to growth within the Infrastructure business we're seeking an Engineering Manager for a Major Project in the London area. The Engineering Manager will lead the engineering team working closely with the construction team to deliver the project on time and on budget whilst maintaining safety as the number one priority. Liaise with the Client's engineering staff and investigate 'Value Engineering' options.
- Planning the works and the working methods in conjunction with the site planning team.
- Approval of internal and external documentation relating to the technical progress of the works
- Approval of the temporary works design elements of the contract
- Managing the interface with the client's design team and maintaining records of the delivery of information
- Managing the design elements of the supply chain
- Vetting the methods proposed by the supply chain
- Ensuring compliance with CDM regulations
- Managing the certification of temporary works
- Ensuring the contract is delivered to the relevant ISO standards whilst following the defined internal business processes.
- Managing the 'Change Control' process to ensure that contract impact of all documentation is recorded and managed to provide information to the client relating to the consequences of changes to the contract that are appropriate to the conditions of contract.
- Managing the site technical library, ensuring that the engineering staff are informed of any changes that will affect the construction of the works.
- Production of metrics relating to productivity, construction, design, safety, environment and quality to the timetable required by the senior management team.
- Degree/ masters in Civil Engineering
- Chartered Engineer (strongly preferred)
- Depth and breadth of engineering knowledge Heavy Civils
- Confident ability to discuss complex technical issues with Clients and their design team - ability to persuade and influence - respected
We offer a competitive remuneration package including generous holiday entitlement, contribution to a pension scheme, life assurance and private health cover. To discuss this exciting opportunity in detail please contact Bal Rai on 01767 640111About us Kier Group operates through three main divisions, each focused on being best in its class. Our activities span building, civil engineering, surface mining, facilities management, residential and commercial property investment and PFI project investment.
Kier Group provides a challenging environment for our people to exercise their skills, but we invest in their professional and personal development as well as creating a rewards and benefits package that demonstrates our loyalty to our team. So if you feel you can offer the experience and knowledge we are looking for please submit your application through the online application process.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer