This job is no longer available
Job Title: Site Manager - UK - Substation or Overhead Lines Experience
Reference No: 7062BR
Job Type: Contract/Permanent - Ongoing
Location: Various UK locations
Salary and Benefits: Competitive package
Job hours: Full Time
Our client, AMEC, requires an experienced Site Manager within the Electrical Alliance.
AMEC is a focused supplier of consultancy, engineering and project management services to its customers in the world's oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. With annual revenues of around £3 billion, AMEC designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs some 27,000 people in around 40 countries worldwide.
- You will be accountable to the Construction Manager and be responsible for:
- Driving the "Safety by Design" philosophy through the various investment phases.
- Supporting the IPC (Independent Planning Commission) application forming a key link with the Environment Impact Assessment, National Grid's Land and Development and Design for the new and existing OHL and cable works, responsible for looking at construct- and maintainability of the works.
- Setting up, organising and maintaining the construction teams to ensure that construction resources meet the programme.
- Ensuring that the CDM regulations are implemented and maintained throughout the development and construction phase of the schemes.
- Approving the construction scope of works, the construction plan and the construction target cost for every project he/ she is assigned.
- Playing an integral part in the safe and timely delivery of the various projects the Project Manager is looking after.
- Actively seeking ways to optimise the construction works within the new connections programmes.
- Provide reports to the Project Manager.
- To undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs.
Excellent planning skills
Demonstrated successful capability in people management.
Track record of developing working relationships quickly and effectively.
Excellent verbal and written communication
Good knowledge of National Grid Electricity Safety rules
Substantial Site Management experience.
Experience in OHL Construction and cable installation, ability to demonstrate capability.
Substantial experience of running multi million pound projects to time and budget
Engineering qualification (HND / HNC)
Nebosh/Safety Management qualification
Working away from home regularly and for prolonged periods
Desire to succeed in a collaborative work environment.
Full clean driving licence
Primat Recruitment is a long-established, successful resourcing organisation and part of the AMEC Group. Primat has friendly, knowledgeable staff and the company specialises in a range of industry sectors across a wide client base. Primat Recruitment Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Applications will only be considered from people who are authorised to work in this location as a national of that country or region, or by holding a valid work permit.