This job is no longer available
Mechanical or Electrical Technical Managers
I am working with a professional and well respected M&E contractor to source an Electrical Technical and a Mechanical Manager.
This position will suit those with the equivalent of a MIET, C.Eng MCIBSE or B.Eng (Hons) qualification.
Based in the Thames Valley, the successful candidates will be required to:
- Support the Technical Director in all aspects of Mechanical or Electrical engineering from inception to project completion.
- Technically review in-house and external designs, producing reports to support findings and make recommendations to project teams.
- Accept technical responsibility for all aspects of projects at all stages.
- Fully utilise in house and industry standard design software.
- Understand and implement procedures to meet current and future building regulations, CDM requirements, Health and Safety and environmental issues.
- Performance and competency assessment and monitoring of Designers and external consultants.
- Represent the company on technical matters.
- Manage and lead design work, undertaking design reviews and appraisals.
- Provide technical assistance and resolve technical queries for the project team.
- Mentor and coach others to improve their skills and gain career progression.
This is a permanent position of responsibility and it is essential that you are able to demonstrate:
- A stable history of employment and experience with a contractor or consultancy.
- Strong technical skills and qualifications.
- Expert knowledge of electrical design software.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Practical experience of UK specifications and working practices.
If you are a suitable candidate for this role, then your CV will clearly and ably demonstrate the above. If it doesn’t, you are unlikely to meet the requirements for this role.