This job is no longer available
Forensic Civil / Geotechnical Engineer
My client is a Forensic Engineer Consultancy based in Central London and has been running since 1978, they have a great reputation for investigating problems in construction and presenting complex technical information clearly to non-technical parties.
My clients workload has expanded over the past 12 months and are now seeking a Chartered Civil / Geotechnical Engineer with extensive experience within Geotechnical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering Degree
- Msc Geotechnical Engineering
- Be able to write clear and precise reports
- Great Presentation and Communication Skills
Examples of Work currently in the office
- Failure during construction of an underground pumping station formed using pre-cast concrete segment rings.
- Damage to a building as a result of ground-borne vibrations arising from nearby collapse.
- Damage to external pavements at distribution warehouses due to inadequate foundations and water in the sub-strata.
- Differential deflections of a warehouse slab supporting mobile racking due to inadequate foundations on ground containing peat.
- Leaks and structural distress to a basement slab due to the failure allow for appropriate groundwater pressures.
- Differential movements and damage to the superstructure of an office building constructed in an infilled open-cast mine.
- Instability of slopes beside a railway cutting due to overloading of the ground at the top of the cutting.
- Cracking in a pipe-jacked tunnel
- Heave and subsidence of buildings due to tree root effects
Salary and Package
- Competitive Salary 50k+
- Private Healthcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme 5%
25 Days Annual Holiday