This job is no longer available
We're seeking a experienced Cost Planner with major projects background. The Cost Planner must be well grounded in Earned Value Methodology and will be primarily accountable for all progress and performance data into Primavera (P6) and the project cost plan.
The Cost Planner must be familiar with using P6 at an expert level and will also be required to integrate and cross-relate costs from the Finance system and data from the Estimating system into P6. Experience with Candy estimating software will be a significant benefit.
The Cost Planner will assist in the production of the various project reports and have primary responsibility for data integrity. In addition, the successful candidate will need to work in a collaborative and constructive environment with other departments and the client.Responsibilities:
- In-depth understanding of Earned Value Methodology and techniques.
- Understanding of Work Breakdown (WBS) and Cost Breakdown (CBS) structures.
- Maintain Budget and scope changes (Compensation events) in P6 via Change Control.
- Assist site teams in updating progress of programme activities.
- Preparation of detailed Project Reports - Dashboard, Resources Summaries, Timesheets, Actual Cost and Cost Variance Report. Checking work output.
- Knowledge of NEC3.Provide guidance on Early Warning / trend analysis and impacts on cost. Regular site visits to facilitate understanding of the overall programme.
- Prepare Four-weekly Actual Cost Update from COINS to Primavera
- Update Primavera with new Estimates created in CANDY CCS.
- Thorough understanding of cost planning tools and methods.
- Preparation Earned Value Analysis and narrative explaining cost and schedule variances.
- Contribute to the development of junior staff through coaching and training in cost engineering and scheduling practices, tools and techniques.
- University degree or equivalent HNC / HND (Construction related).
- Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of planning and construction activities.
- Computer literate.
Skills / Experience Required
- Advanced Excel and Primavera P6 Skills and understanding of Critical Path.
- Data import / export of costs, quantities and resources.
- Demonstrated experience in EV Management practices and production of Cost Variance Report; including analyses of cost and schedule variances.
- Production and checking of quantity metrics from P6.
About usKier Group operates through three main divisions, each focused on being best in its class. Our activities span building, civil engineering, surface mining, facilities management, residential and commercial property investment and PFI project investment.
Kier Group provides a challenging environment for our people to exercise their skills, but we invest in their professional and personal development as well as creating a rewards and benefits package that demonstrates our loyalty to our team.
So if you feel you can offer the experience and knowledge we are looking for please submit your application through the online application process.