This job is no longer available
Site Manager (Sewage Treatment Works)
Weston Super Mare
1 year contract - £250 Per day
We require a Site Manager with previous STW (Sewage Treatment works, Waste Water Treatment Works) experience to work on a 1 year refurbishment project in Weston Super Mare. The ideal candidate will have previously worked on large schemes specifically related to Sewage. The Ideal candidate will be qualified to a minimum of an ONC in an industry related discipline and will have demonstrable water or sewage experience.
As the Site Manager you will report to the Project Engineer / Contracts Manager, you will be involved in the site management of Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes.
You will be responsible for the:
Preparation of all relevant documentation prior to the commencement of the installation phase of contracts, including but not limited to:
- Site Management Plans
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements for activities being undertaken by directly employed resources
- Reviewing and approval of subcontractors site documentation including but not limited to:
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Installation programmes
- Test and Inspection documentation
- Management and control of all site activities ensuring that all work is undertaken in a safe and timely manner in accordance with all Safety, Health and Environmental legislation, all relevant contractual timescales and all relevant contract specifications.
- Liaison with the client's engineering and operational staff to ensure all KPI's are met or exceeded.
- To work alongside the Project Engineer to regularly review the progress of the works ensuring that adherence to the contract programme dates are maintained. This will include the preparation and maintenance of fortnightly look ahead programmes.
- To ensure all required site documentation is completed, including but not limited to:
- Daily diary sheets
- Daily allocation sheets
- Records of delays and changes, including the financial implications
- All relevant Safety, Health and Environmental documentation
- Records in respect of Subcontractor progress and performance
- To undertake Site Inductions and regular Tool Box Talks for all resources visiting and working on the site.
- To work alongside the Project Engineer to monitor and maintain an installation phase Cost to Complete, ensuring that site costs are monitored and controlled. This includes the monitoring of all subcontractor accounts.
- Preparation of progress reports as required.
- Attendance at site visits / meetings.
- Preparation of estimates and quotations for minor additional site works.
- Coordination and liaison with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installation and construction teams.
- Preparation of material requisitions.
If you feel that you reach the above criteria please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Tom Mlinar on 02392 221600.
Astute Technical Recruitment / AstuteJobs are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.