This job is no longer available
My client is an international multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with a vacancy within their rail division. The position is to manage and develop the design teams within the relevant business area, supporting contracts and projects across the company, and to achieve targets and project objectives in respect of growth and staff utilisation.
- Responsible for Programme and Budget Preparation and thereafter, accountable for Design Delivery of schemes to programme and monthly budget.
- Ensure all studies, investigation, design, procurement, audits and work contract supervision are carried out in accordance with relevant requirements.
- Prioritise and control all design activities across the relevant business area.
- Ensure compliance with statutory, contractual, legal and special requirements.
- Responsible for Design Procurement and Design Check Certification.
- Provide professional and technical advice throughout the areas in which operating.
- Promote professional development for the business area.
- Ensure all necessary bids, orders and programmes are submitted.
- Set and maintain high standards and ensure Clients are satisfied with performance.
- Develop, maintain and own client relationships in order to promote long-term partnerships.
- Embrace and control compliance with Company procedures, policies and delivery plans, as well as the Consulting Compliance and Improvement Plan.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental issues are given the highest priority.
- Develop and drive forward innovation and new business initiatives.
- Support the Associate Director and other senior managers to promote the wider business and help develop and deliver an increase in Turnover and Margin.
- Ensure necessary scheme consultation, liaison, co-ordination and interface with stakeholders are carried out.
- Be an ambassador of the company Values.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Inter-Urban, Local Government, Built Environment and Consulting to develop and deliver the business plans.
- Active member of the design team.
- Report on day-to-day issues in the relevant business area.
- Develop, maintain and own client relationships in order to promote long-term relationships.