This job is no longer available
Working in a technically challenging environment, the Engineer will have a solid background in railway civil engineering. Proven capability of design and management of multi-disciplinary projects particularly in the Design & Build environment is of significant benefit to enable immediate integration and contribution to the team. The role will be Client-facing ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget. Management of one (or more) design teams will be required, as well as acting as the technical point of contact for all staff.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Lead and management of civil engineering design team(s) and liaison with the Client external sub-consultants, suppliers and contractors
- Act as Contractor's Responsible Engineer (CRE)for Design
- Provide assistance and guidance for technical staff
You will be expected to:
- be a Chartered Civil or Structural engineer
- have relevant experience in Rail Sector and be able to fulfil role of CRE (Contractors Responsible Engineer) for Design
- have a thorough understanding of the relevant standards and regulations within the UK rail sector
- be capable of leading a design team, mentoring and supporting colleagues in technical engineering design excellence
- be Minimum PTS qualified
Ideally you will:
- Have a high level of presentation and communication skills
- Be able to prioritise work under pressure and complete within deadlines.
- Have good report writing skills