This job is no longer available
Quantity Surveyor- Residential- London
About the project:
The project involves the demolition of the two existing 10-storey buildings. The new construction is comprised of a reinforced concrete frame, concrete floor slabs, columns, walls, and stairs and pad bases to support 15 storeys and will have a new 2 level basement. The external façade will be constructed with a high quality cladding.
The new development comprises 320 apartments and a leisure centre. The internal fit out is of a high specification with a mix of housing association and private development apartments, high quality external living space and amenities. The project started on site in early 2012 and is expected to take approximately 4.5 years.
Quantity Surveyor Job Description
· The prospective surveyor will work alongside the package surveyor who will retain responsibility for all day to day procurement and package management, and ultimately report to the commercial manager.
· Receive instructions and meet set deadlines.
· Task oriented and meeting team objectives, team player.
· Committed, work required hours to complete tasks.
· Good time management skills.
· Good commercial acumen.
· Good IT skills.
· Good rudimentary understanding of cost reports and cost planning.
· Confident individual who is tidy and organised.
· Good basic understanding of building technology.
· Specific duties will include the following:
· Measurement and scoping of works.
· Tender package preparation.
· Tender reconciliation, analysis and benchmarking.
· Prepare tender recommendations
· Sub-contract valuations and payments
· Issue instructions and drawings
· Final accounts
· Assist with monthly cost reports
CVs to: Pete@ssaltd.com