This job is no longer available
Our client is a leading international Environmental Services organisation who specialise in the full lifecyclye management of solid waste. As they enter a period of growth there now exists an opportunity for them to bring on board a Chief Operating Officer to champion the continued expansion.
The Role Accountabilities are as follows:
- Directs activities of operating divisions of the company and other company units as assigned to achieve the established operating goals and objectives.
- Assures proper application and growth of company's staff and other resources to achieve client, market and business goals.
- Provides direction and leadership to achieve the Company's philosophy, vision, mission, core values and business plan.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of short- term and long- range planning to position the Company as a leading organization within the environmental services industry.
- Ensures the development, implementation and coordination of projects, plans and programs and the formulation and regulatory compliance of related policies and procedures; subject to approval by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Liaise with the Operations Directors so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives, purposes and achievements.
- Ensure activities integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary operational development theory and methods and provide suitable interpretation to directors, managers and staff within the organisation.
- Drive performance measures for the measurement of an operation's performance and consideration of efficiency versus effectiveness, often in the form of dashboards convenient for review of high level key indicators.
- Lead by developing and cascading the organizations strategy/mission statement to the lower ranking staff, and implementing appropriate rewards/recognition and coaching/corrective practices to align personnel with company goals.
- Monitor, measure, and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
- Profitably manage rapid recent growth and future expansion plans.
- Integrate newly acquired entities within the organisation.
- Reduce cost through optimization of People, Processes, and Technologies.
- Directly meet and overcome operational challenges.
- Replicate Best Practices across business units/entities/acquisitions.
- Accomplish market growth from present state to an agreed future state.
- Improve profitability of existing client contracts through price revisions.
- Provide inspirational people leadership for the Management & Employees.
- Integrate People through Vision, Mission, Values and Org Structure.
- Work on achieving the targets on succession planning, training & education of staff.
Collaborate closely with the Sales, Marketing and Business Development teams on developing new products and services for our existing and new clients.
Minimum experience & essential /desirable requirements
- Desirable but not essential to be educated to Degree level in Business Studies, or a related industry discipline
- 10 plus years experience in a similar role.
- Excellent financial skills.
- Relevant operational experience gained in a waste or environmental management sector.
- Excellent stakeholder and client relationship skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiar with all Quality and Safety Standards.
- Thorough understanding of all commercial aspects of running a business.
- Ability to manage a multi-cultural workforce.