This job is no longer available
Temporary Works Coordinator - Cheshire
Due to current business expansion we're seeking a Temporary Works Coordinator with experience of working on civils projects.
Role: Responsible for design co-ordination, management and delivery for a variety of temporary works design packages
Responsibilities and Duties
- Acting as principal point of contact for liaison between construction team and external designers
- Assisting construction team in the definition and preparation of their design briefs
- Monitoring design progress and costs against targets and allowances
- Leading buildability reviews with the construction team, and ensuring that the delivered designs fulfil the requirements of the brief and of the site team
- Undertake competency assessments of designers and checkers
- Ensuring that high standards of quality are adhered to through the self-certification process for design
- Ensuring compliance with the project Design Control Procedure for designing, checking and approvals
- Lead the design review process with the Client and Third Parties
- Obtaining the necessary checks, acceptance and approvals from Client and Third Parties
- Carrying out simple design calculations for Category 0 and Category 1 designs
- Supported by Temporary Works Supervisors, acting as the designated Temporary Works Co-ordinator for one or more sites, responsible for inspecting and certifying the erection, loading, maintenance, monitoring and removal of temporary works in accordance with project standards and procedures. This includes managing the process for dealing with any design changes on site
- Maintaining a schedule of approved Temporary Works drawings and design deliverables, and ensuring that the site team are in possession of the most up to date information
- HNC / Degree in Civil Engineering (Construction related).
- Relevant design experience on civil engineering projects required.
- Relevant experience working on design and build contracts.
Kier Group operates through three main divisions, each focused on being best in its class. Our activities span building, civil engineering, surface mining, facilities management, residential and commercial property investment and PFI project investment.
Kier Group provides a challenging environment for our people to exercise their skills, but we invest in their professional and personal development as well as creating a rewards and benefits package that demonstrates our loyalty to our team. So if you feel you can offer the experience and knowledge we are looking for please submit your application through the online application process.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer