This job is no longer available
Our client is a world leader within their sector for the design and manufacture of heavy duty equipment. With factories in the UK and distributors worldwide, they are an international company whose global reach provides them with unique insight and knowledge to the industry.
They are now looking for Two Mechanical Design Engineers to join their busy department. Helping design new products, modify old and work with clients to produce tailored vehicles.
- Design effective solutions to specific aspects as required by the machine specification.
- Supervision of the prototyping of new components and assemblies and their evaluation and testing under representative conditions.
- Produce 3D CAD schemes and from them produce 2D CAD drawings to a high standard.
- To monitor continuously the cost effectiveness of designs and components.
- To follow the Engineering Change Management process to ensure timely introduction of new parts and seamless changes to existing parts, with the minimum effect on integration, cost, and disturbance to production manufacture and build.
- To liaise regularly and effectively with other members of the team to ensure a cohesive overall design.
- Degree or equivalent in an appropriate mechanical engineering discipline.
- Mechanical engineering design proven ability essential, preferably in special vehicles area.
- Knowledge of automotive electrics and electronics preferred.
- Knowledge of mobile hydraulics and pneumatics preferred.
- Proven Ability and knowledge of 3D CAD software (SolidWorks ideal but others considered - Catia, ProE, Inventor etc), plus Microsoft Office applications essential.
- Candidate should possess drive, energy, determination with commitment and have ability to co-ordinate multi-task projects, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Candidates should be willing to travel within the UK or overseas as required.
- Candidates should have the ability to work within a multi-disciplined, international teams on larger-scale projects.
Any candidates from a Refuge / MOD / Special Purpose Vehicles / Fire Engines / Heavy duty welding and Proven ability of Heavy Mechanical Engineering moving equipment is ideal for this role.
Key skills - Mechanical, Design, CAD, Solidworks, Hydraulic, Machinery, Off Highways, Industrial equipment etc
If you feel your skill sets are aligned with this role then please apply.