This job is no longer available
Our client is a Major plc that operate in the UK and internationally on building projects from £15m - £200m. Due to the volume of recent bids and wins they are looking to bolster their Building division with an experienced Senior Design Manager.
You will be responsible in managing the design process of projects from enquiry through to submission of bids and thereafter the management of all design related project issues, to construction completion.
- Interrogate design brief and tender information, identify and manage the design risks, identify and manage opportunities.
- Co-ordinate the completion and maintenance of a design management plan in conjunction with the overall construction programme.
- Manage the flow of information in conjunction with document controller, whilst ensuring the maintenance of all records.
- Participate in value engineering and construction methodology reviews. Ensure all responsibilities under CDM legislation are identified, assigned and maintained.
- Ensure that project design complies with the brief, contract, employers requirements, building control, and where appropriate, Town Planning legislation and Conditions.
The ideal candidate should be;
- Educated to HNC or Degree Level.
- Preferable to hold relevant professional qualification.
- Experienced of working as a project based design manager.
- Extensive experience of large central London commercial and mixed use developments.
- Experience of managing the challenges associated with signature architects.