This job is no longer available
A Leading Construction Consultancy is seeking to employ an experienced Estimator to join their busy North West based team. The team is overseeing various utilities and power projects and programmes and they are after individuals with significant utilities, water and/or power experience.
- Manage the bid/estimating team on large projects/programmes throughout the North of the UK, including management of a small specialist team.
- Interface with the National heads of Estimating and Infrastructure and play a key role in their organisation's business strategy and growth throughout the UK.
- Actively promote the business's products and services, trying to secure further commissions from the client.
- Maintain professional and client confidentiality.
- Driving improvement in performance.
You will need the following experience:
- You will preferably have 7 years experience as an Estimator.
- You will have experience of major projects in the utilities and power sectors, ideally with significant UK project experience.
- You will be experienced in estimating from First principles on major programmes / projects.
- You will come from relevant construction background; Estimator or Quantity Surveyor.
- You will ideally be degree qualified and will ideally be a member of a relevant Professional body (MRICS, MACostE, etc)
- You will ideally be from a consultant background or be in a client facing role within a contracting organisation.
- You will need to be familiar with relevant leading software packages.
- Resilient Character.
- Client Result focused, willing to challenge Project team members to get the best results.
- Value driven, able to find innovative solutions within this cost conscious market.
- Ambitious, driven character, keen to develop to the next level.
The need for this role is urgent, hence whilst individuals on long notice periods or individuals based overseas will be considered, the preference would be for someone immediately available or on a short notice period (one month).
You will be joining a growing and ambitious organisation who is significantly involved in the UK Infrastructure sector, hence there are real opportunities for career development.