This job is no longer available
Senior Planner (Construction)- must have experience on £50m+ projects- London
To manage the planning process during pre-construction and construction phases of London & South East building projects. To work within a team environment to ensure the programme, methodology and logistics is developed and maintained in a timely fashion to suit the project needs, with attention to constraints, budgets, safety and quality, whilst enhancing our reputation with external clients and work colleagues.
Principle Duties & Accountabilities
- Develop strong working relationships with clients, consultants, sub-contractors and external parties to ensure a collaborative approach to project co-ordination.
- Take responsibility for co-ordinating all 3rd party constraints, design, procurement and construction information into an integrated programme.
- Work with the team to develop and maintain an integrated project programme.
- Make project team members at all relevant levels aware of risks, key issues and solutions in a proactive manner.
- Gathering and recording as built data on live projects
- Provision of reports and progress information to senior management and client.
- Provide suitable bid support at tender stage.
- Comply with the company Planning Guidelines contained within the business unit IMS.
- Take a proactive role in the development of planning best practice as required.
Key Working Relationships
Supervising responsibility for: Junior planning department staff
Internal - Project management team, commercial teams, site personnel and supply chain
External - Clients, Consultants and key stakeholders
- Preference for a qualified builder ie.MCIOB.
- Experience of planning on a variety of building projects - commercial, hotels, residential, public with values greater than £50m.
- Experience of working on projects with confined access and basements including temporary works.
- Experience of Design and Build and traditional contract forms.
- Self motivated, strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of project delivery and programme management.
- Relevant industry health and safety management qualifications.
- Competency in utilising planning software ? Asta Powerproject & Primavera.
- Any experience of utilising BIM is advantageous.
Building - London & South East
CVs to: Pete@ssaltd.com