This job is no longer available
Part of a small team of Commercial Managers, reporting to the Company Commercial Manager and providing commercial management and technical expertise to: -
* Support the activities of specific Business Streams, at both Preconstruction and Project Delivery stages
* Ensure the level of service provided by their team of Quantity Surveyors is maintained and developed.
Principal Duties & Accountabilities
* Ensuring effective and compliant contract negotiation with client organisations and subcontractors.
* Ensuring effective month-end reporting, project forecasting and project review
* Support and where necessary take a lead in effectively resolving contractual/commercial disputes.
* Assist in the process of reviewing commercial resourcing, planning and any staffing issues.
* Supervision, training & development of existing quantity surveying staff under their management and induction of new staff, at all levels.
* Ensure compliance within their sphere of responsibility of the commercial elements of the IMS including the Forecasting & Reporting aspects. Assist in development of these, over time.
* Coordination & communication within the commercial team with other parts of the OU.
Job Facts & Figures
Reporting to the Company Commercial Manager, the Commercial Manager will have line management responsibility for named Quantity Surveyors, who operate across the various Business Streams of the Company.
In addition, the Commercial Manager will be assigned to work with specific Business Stream Management, to provide commercial management, expertise and support across the range of projects undertaken by that management team. This will include responsibility for contractual advice (pre- and post-contract), contractual negotiations & close-out and the monthly cycle of reporting & forecasting.
Based at our Maple Cross offices & focused on projects mainly in the Southern half of the UK, but travelling as necessary to regional, project and/or other offices and locations throughout UK as may be required. This may involve some working away from home over-night or for short periods.
* A leader with drive & motivation: able to build & encourage the team and to get the best out of people
* Organised, highly numerate and with excellent Excel & general keyboard skills.
* Proven contractual & commercial skills and experience.
* Knowledge & experience of JCT & NEC3 contracts and subcontracts.
* A natural communicator & proven negotiator.
* Appropriate formal qualifications / education.