This job is no longer available
R&R are offering the exciting opportunity to join the company as a project manager. You will be working on commercial projects and should be comfortable working on assignments ranging from £1,000 to £750,000. Due to this a proven track record in project management in the commercial or industrial industries is essential. The ideal candidate will have an electrical background and have a working knowledge of the building services industry.
The successful candidate will be working on projects ranging from the midlands to the north of England and as such should be willing to travel and hold a UK driving license. You will be based from R&R’s regional office in Hull with the opportunity to work from home. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential and basic knowledge of AutoCAD would be preferable.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects from a management prospective. This has the potential to start at the quoting stage and carry right through to the completion of project defects period. As a successful project manager you will pose the ability to lead communicate and negotiate effectively with clients, contractors, members of the R&R team and external consultants. The following will be responsibilities of the project manager:
- Management of R&R personnel and sub-contractor performance on site
- Coordination, production and upkeep of project documentation throughout the project.
- Making certain contractual requirements are delivered.
- Direct accountability of the project budget.
- Insuring that cost and quality requirements are meet that are set by the client.
- Having knowledge and implementing the duties of the CDM Co-ordinator, Designer and principal contractor as laid out in the CDMC 2007 regulations.
- Insuring that aspects related to health, safety, environment and quality project performance are met.
Successful candidates will have highly developed skills in communications / interpersonal interaction, possessing the ability to lead, communicate and negotiate effectively with fellow staff members, external consultants, contractors and clients.