This job is no longer available
£30200 - £34200 plus benefits
My client, a public sector organisation, require a qualified Architect to join their busy investment and regeneration team. This newly created role is to assist the Investment manager in the provision and delivery of Architectural services for the delivery of the housing investment programme.
The main objective of this position is to oversee the development and delivery of a Architectural service including project management of contracts (there are potentially some building surveying duties that would be required).
Main duties and responsibilities within this role include:
Development of design proposals
- Feasibility studies
- Preparation of drawings
- Preparation of tender documentation
- Contract Management / Control
- Interface and supervision of third parties (contractors etc)
- Dealing with early design costs to final account
- Liaison with tenants/ stakeholders/ partners on a daily basis
- Staff management (both mentor and training)In order to be shortlisted for this position, it is essential that you are a registered Architect and have demonstrable experience working as an Architect in a similar role.
Knowledge and understanding of multi-tenure housing development and refurbishment work is essential, as well as a good working knowledge of building contract management (dealing with projects from inception to completion), architectural services, and building defects and also a solid understanding of AutoCAD and specification software is required. It is desirable, but not essential that you have an understanding of building surveying,
This role is a exciting and challenging permanent opportunity based initially in Lochgilphead, although there is some flexibility within the Argyll and Bute area. A driving licence is essential for this role, as you will be required to travel to attend site/ meetings.