This job is no longer available
We are looking for a suitably degree qualified Project Manager with at least 10 years of experience and a broad knowledge of all fields of construction in both practical and managerial aspects.
Must have a proven track record of managing all aspects of a Project from inception stage to completion and close out.
Must be used to administrating a contract and holding full responsibility for the success of a project as well as being able to clearly demonstrate experience in leading a successful project team.
We are not seeking a construction manager or site manager, the PM will be familiar with contract requirements, planning, purchasing and reporting at the very highest level.
• Ensuring weekly reporting is documented from site, and presented to the senior management team.
• Ensure time, cost and quality are monitored and managed at all times, giving direction when and where required.
• Negotiating with all project stakeholders ensuring communication/ information is current
• Planning and tracking project progress and manage change as required.
• Customer liaison
• Design management
• Mobilization planning and implementation
• Quality control and submittal
• Personnel planning
• Sub contract procurement and management
• Experience dealing with different cultures
• A self-driven, results-oriented individual with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on financial success with high quality delivery.
• A natural forward planner and problem solver.
• Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
• Flexible attitude, willing to assist others and carry out other duties as required by the business
Specific Job Skills:
• Native English language speaker.
• Detailed understanding of construction products and methods.
• Must be comfortable with both face to face and electronic communication methods
• Awareness of different cultures business practices and standards
• Proven track record of working on projects to the value of £10m plus
• Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Project, Excel, Internet and email.