This job is no longer available
We are looking for a suitably qualified Quantity Surveyor with at least 10 years of experience in this role required in a Building Construction and internal fit-out environment. Proven track record of surveying all aspects of a contract from tender stage to completion and close out.
This is a hands on role which would include managing support staff.
Main duties will include:
• Tender analysis and assisting the bid team.
• Ensuring weekly reporting is documented from site, and presented to the senior management team.
• Price quotations based on first principles and sub-contractor quotations
• Submission of tenders
• Cost and value analysis
• Negotiating with clients and suppliers
• Monthly Cost Value reporting and commercial tracking
• Modifications and Variations tracking and management
• Sub contract procurement
• Cash flow forecasting
• Ensure that CVR’s, Cash flow projections and all commercial tracking on each project is current, and reported in line with the accounts timetable
• Analysis and identification of contract risk prior to the tender process and as projects are delivered.
• Maintain an understanding of materials specified, standards required, availability and transportation costs.
• Identify and advise of anomalies in specifications and drawings.
• Prepare and process bills of quantities for bids and projects.
• To liaise with designers as appropriate to develop tender documents
• Liaise with purchasing to maintain knowledge of product developments, specifications and availability.
• A self-driven, results-oriented individual with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on financial success with high quality delivery.
• A natural forward planner and problem solver.
• Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
• Flexible attitude, willing to assist others and carry out other duties as required by the business
Specific Job Skills:
• High numeracy skills.
• Detailed understanding of construction products and methods.
• Must be comfortable with both face to face and electronic communication methods
• Awareness of different cultures business practices and standards
• Proven track record of working on projects to the value of £5m plus.
• Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level, Internet and email.