This job is no longer available
Works Scheduler / Planning Scheduler / Utilities - £30k
• Manage workload to assigned gangs and works area.
• Check that gangs have taken all photographs as required by the contract.
• Communicate with the client to ensure that work is correctly prioritised and given to the correct gangs.
• Check that completed jobs are closed correctly and Highway Authority notified.
• Ensure jobs do not exceed the allocated time period otherwise fines will be incurred.
• Proactively manage the workload to each gang using a ‘drip feed’ policy.
• Maintain records of all works done using prescribed templates.
• Become familiar with the noticing requirements of the contract.
• Undertake additional duties from time to time as directed by your line manager.
General (All Staff)
• Role will require successful candidate to work the following shift pattern:
Rotated Shift - Mon to Fri (a) 06:00am-02:15pm (b) 01:45pm-10:00pm and (c) 08:00am-04:00pm plus one Sat or Sun 06:00am-02:00pm every second week; shift will rotate between (a), (b) and (c)
• Undertake any reasonable duties expected of you.
• Attend and engage fully in any learning and development activities that are deemed appropriate by your line management.
• Carry out all work in accordance with health and safety and any other legal requirements.
• Participate in team/business meetings as necessary.
• Participate and engage fully in company appraisal/performance review processes and constantly work to improve your individual, your team and the wider group’s performance.
This job description is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive. It is an outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended to reflect the changing needs of the organisation.