This job is no longer available
Area Manager / Contracts Manager – Repair & Maintenance Utilities - £55k
• Maintain good working relationships and close liaison with clients and project team members.
• Manage contract resources
• Managing health, safety and environment issues.
• Managing human resources issues, including staff training.
• Maintaining a high standard of quality work.
• Controlling overtime, petty cash and wages payments.
• Monitoring overall area performance.
• Additional integral responsibilities include report writing, record maintenance, adequacy of communication at all levels, maintenance of Company image, employee welfare, team building and engagement/management of Sub-Contractors.
• This list is not inclusive or exhaustive and other management duties will be expected.
General (All Staff)
• Manage the performance of all staff assigned to you in accordance with legislation and company procedures.
• Undertake any reasonable duties expected of you.
• Attend and engage fully in any learning and development activities that are deemed appropriate by your line management.
• Carry out all work in accordance with health and safety and any other legal requirements.
• Participate in team/business meetings as necessary.
• Participate and engage fully in company appraisal/performance review processes and constantly work to improve your individual, your team and the wider group’s performance.
This job description is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive. It is an outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended to reflect the changing needs of the organisation.