This job is no longer available
My client is one of Europe's largest suppliers of railway engineering and infrastructure services. They are award-winning in design and construction of all forms of railway and are looking to their future. The aim to deliver the challenges set by the rapidly changing railway industry is a critical element to the company and they require the right people to do so.
You will be working as part of the Overhead Line Engineering Team and be responsible for the production of drawings for overhead catenary systems for Network Rail and Metro link Systems. This shall include minor design works, if required.
Key accountabilities include;
- Safety - Support the implementation of the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) strategy, associated actions and resulting initiatives, to deliver continuous improvement.
- Profitability - Contribute towards the delivery for OLE design drawings to the budget associated with Work Packages.
- Quality - Provide quality OLE design drawings to support the Engineering Division.
- Respect - Develop and implement effective interpersonal relationships with other staff.
- Drawings of Overhead Catenary Systems, and minor design works.
- Allocation of drawings in line with design criteria
- Feasibility Studies
- Draught layouts and cross sections
- Represent the company at client meetings, as and when required
- A minimum of 5 years in Overhead Line Electrification drawing production.
- Knowledge of UK rail industry practice and familiarity with railway standards
- HNC/HND/Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience of drawing layouts using computer software
- Experience of allocation and construction design
- Competent in the production of drawings using Microstation.
- Already on/previous experience of being on a Network Rail Accredited checker (if required).
- OLE site surveys - Bridge and Height and stagger surveys
- Hold a current PTS