This job is no longer available
My client is one of Europe's largest suppliers of railway engineering and infrastructure services. They are award-winning in design and construction of all forms of railway and are looking to their future. The aim to deliver the challenges set by the rapidly changing railway industry is a critical element to the company and they require the right people to do so.
You will be working as part of the Overhead Line Engineering Team and be responsible for the design of overhead catenary systems for Network Rail but also there will be a requirement for the design of Metrolink Systems.
Key accountabilities include;
- Safety - Support the implementation of the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) strategy, associated actions and resulting initiatives, to deliver continuous improvement.
- Profitability - Contribute towards the delivery for OLE design to the budget associated with Work Packages.
- Quality - Provide quality OLE design to support the Engineering Division.
- Respect - Develop and implement effective interpersonal relationships with other staff.
- Design of Overhead Catenary System
- Allocation Design
- Feasibility Studies
- Man-hour / Budget forecasts
- Draught layouts and cross section
- Represent the company at client meetings.
- A minimum of 5 years in Overhead Line Electrification design.
- Knowledge of UK rail industry practice and familiarity with railway standards
- HNC/HND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering
- Experience of designing layouts
- Experience of allocation and construction design
- Competent in the production of drawings using Microstation.
- Already on/previous experience of being on a Network Rail Accreditation Certificate as "Designer" and "Checker"
- OLE site surveys - Bridge and Height and stagger surveys
- Hold a current PTS