To lead and develop the project procurement function, including the development of the project procurement strategy, to successfully procure the relevant trade contract packages, goods and services, to meet the needs of the project. Responsible for managing and developing the procurement team.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Develop documentation to ensure scope, notices, terms and conditions are included within the supplier contracts.
* Lead and develop the Project Procurement Plan and ensure its implementation reflects the OU and project strategy.
* Procuring Sustainably in order to secure the best value supply of materials and services at a consistent quality at reasonable cost.
* Leveraging Skanska buying power relationships and expertise to ensure all materials and services are supplied at the lowest total cost of ownership.
* Compliance with Operating Units strategy on supply chain management.
* Promote/Uphold corporate vision and values (code of conduct etc).
* Driving One Skanska Approach, vision and best practice.
Prequalification and sourcing
* Ensure all recommended trade contractors/ goods/service providers have been subject to the Skanska prequalification process and all suppliers are approved before use.
* Develop tender lists and supplier/trade contractor selection lists.
* Lead the development of project strategies for the procurement of trade contractors, goods and services.
* Lead and develop the procurement procedures for the package scope, quantification, tender method, negotiation and subcontract documentation.
* Facilitate the cross transfer of knowledge and expertise across different projects/sectors/divisions of the business.
* Lead the management of procurement progress against strategy and programme. Chair mid tender review meetings where appropriate and ensure all RFI's are responded to efficiently and that tenders are returned with the period required.
* Lead the appraisal of tender returns and ensure recommendations are forwarded to the relevant parties in line with the procurement programme, ensuring final decisions are fully informed.
* Ensure material and plant requisitions are processes in a timely and professional manner and that orders and placed for the correct goods/services in line with the project procurement strategy.
Risk and Opportunity Management
* Lead and develop the risk management philosophy for the project and ensure this is cascaded to all project levels to include trades contracts.
* Ensure responsibility for design adequately reflected within documentation.
* Manage the impact of timely release of design information to meet procurement programmes.
* Ensure the projects adherence to the Skanska trade contractor / Supplier pre qualification (PQQ) / Building Confidence (Achilles) procedures.
* Support the project team in the preparation of package enquiry documents and ensure all procurement related issues are addressed.
* Lead the issuing of tender information to comply with the procurement strategy and programme.
* Undertake line management responsibilities for direct report staff ensuring each is effectively managed, had a current performance review and learning plan, and are able to carry out duties as assigned to them.
* Ensure compliance with project documentation and company documentation, i.e. IMS, PEP and KPI's.
Experience and Responsibilities
* Extensive experience of procurement management on significant PFI contracts.
* Excellent working knowledge of contract law.
* Member of a professional institution.
* Degree level qualification in a relevant subject.
* Previous experience as a Buyer/Senior Buyer ideally from a similar background or industry.
* Site based experience desired.
* In depth product knowledge of materials and plant.
* Extensive knowledge of suppliers, market prices and trends.
* Working knowledge Main Contract T & Cs and also CPA and RPA conditions.
* Ability to negotiate competitively and effectively.
* Computer literate (use of excel and word) and Multiple Purchasing systems.